Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon with Dan

Another Heaven Hill bourbon to add to the wallLarceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. You know what’s cool? Crime. Crime is cool. Name things after crimes.

This bourbon’s distinction is that it swaps rye for wheat in the mash – bourbon has to be 51% corn but the other 49% can be any other grain. This gives it a different profile and a unique taste – whether unique means good is up for debate. Here’s what we thought:

nose
Dan – not like a bourbon, like a scotch, sweet candied apple & minor salty taffy
Simon – speysidey for a bourbon, apple blossom

neat
Dan – slight bitter, slight spice, bogged wood & mess
Simon – simple, nose smells more than neat tastes, apple splash

finish
Dan – short, numbing
Simon – light burn lingers, peppermint like, lips numb

splash
Dan – no spice, less boggy, mossy
Simon – kind of disappears, still sweet

overall
Dan – 7.2/10
Simon – 7/10

For a bourbon
Dan – 6.5/10
Simon – 7.2/10

Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey – 46% 750ml – $49.95 – Kentucky

Try it? Yes. Buy it? No.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *