Sortilege Maple Syrup Whisky Liqueur

Happy holidays! One of 12-15 traditional drinking seasons. For some reason the cold makes us more agreeable to sticky, rich and cloying sweets, treats and meats.  Might be an evolutionary thing we inherited from our bear ancestors. #BearsNotMonkeys Sortilege is Quebec maple syrup and Canadian rye & corn whisky blended together to become pretty much […]

Sortilege Maple Syrup Whisky Liqueur

Crown Royal Bourbon Mash aka Blender’s Mash with Steph, Matt & Marie-Michèle

Interesting story on this one. Crown Royal released the bottle as Bourbon Mash (seen here because we got the hookup), a Canadian whisky made in Canada using a typical Bourbon mashbill. And since a Scottish Rye would still be Scottish, it got approved etc and sent out to market. However, because of the prominent Bourbon […]

Crown Royal Bourbon Mash aka Blender’s Mash with Steph, Matt & Marie-Michèle

Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon with Dan

Another Heaven Hill bourbon to add to the wall – Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. You know what’s cool? Crime. Crime is cool. Name things after crimes. This bourbon’s distinction is that it swaps rye for wheat in the mash – bourbon has to be 51% corn but the other 49% can be any other […]

Larceny Kentucky Straight Bourbon with Dan

Twelve Barrels with Dan

Aww yeah ten and a half months later finally get to my Christmas present from Dan – Twelve Barrels Canadian Whisky. The story of this bottle is a little amazing. A high school bootlegger making prison wine under his bed in his parent’s home, pitches the story to distilleries all over the world, lands a […]

Twelve Barrels with Dan

Platte Valley 3y Straight Corn Whiskey with Dan, Bowick & Ryan

Another border hop, another duty free… uh, find? Doesn’t seem like the right word here. This is like something out of Dungeons & Dragons, a ceramic jug of curses & concentrated goblin farts. Platte Valley 100% Straight Corn Whiskey. Straight in this case meaning distilled not higher than 80 proof and casked for a minimum […]

Platte Valley 3y Straight Corn Whiskey with Dan, Bowick & Ryan

Gooderham & Worts Four Grain Canadian Whisky with Davey, Matt & Steve

Gooderham & Worts Four Grain Canadian Whisky. Corn, barley, wheat & rye blended together and named for the distillery that is now the Distillery District in Toronto. The name appears to be the only real connection to the original Gooderham & Worts company – this whisky is now distilled in Corbyville with much of the […]

Gooderham & Worts Four Grain Canadian Whisky with Davey, Matt & Steve

TINCUP American Whiskey with Dan

TINCUP American whiskey! It comes with a tin cup on the top! We’ve been enjoying the wider American whiskey movement. Kentucky Straight Bourbon, moonshine and Tennessee Sour Mash are great, but if they’re all you know of continental distillation, you are missing out. Colorado whiskeys are a nice blend of rye & bourbon tastes, coming […]

TINCUP American Whiskey with Dan